Monday, June 11, 2007

Opto-isolated Parallel Port Driven Relays

A few months back, I made a parallel port driven relay box for Engineer 2007 with four outputs which were opto-isolated from my PC. Since I didn't have opto-isolators, I built my own by taping LED/photoresistor pairs together. It worked perfectly.


I also combined it with laser gesture recognition to turn four appliances on or off using a laser pointer for Engineer 2007. I guess everyone loved it. :)

If you can make pcbs, and are interested in a simple little circuit
to provide opto-isolator protection to 4 parallel port inputs, and relays on the other 4 bits, as outputs, then check the offer on....

http://www.arunet.co.uk/tkboyd/ele1pp.htm


... which is a little way down the page, next to the Google panel, in
the paragraph starting "I have a third generatino, inexpensive...".

5 comments:

Arvind Gupta said...

like it.
really interesting
my blog:
http://learning-computer-programming.blogspot.com/

watch tv on the internet said...

keep posting more and more content

top 3 options said...

Absolutely looking forward to seeing what you have planned after that. Any news on what you're functioning on?

Latest Phones said...

3very informatic post on mobile relays

Ramadan said...

love your search.